Aaron started us off as I was late (doh!). This is Aaron’s last week at b5media, so he’s up in Toronto.
Within a couple of minutes I showed up, usual niceness (aaaawww).
Then we had a very long civil discussion about the whole blogger relations issue. Ground covered included:
- Basic background
- Some of the causes, including undo pressure
- Whether or not all bloggers really have the power to blacklist vs. the top tier
- Press releases – why bother emailing them?
- Better uses of our time, including social good
- Flat out building relationships
Presto Vivace’s Alice Marshall joined us for a good part of the conversation and added a lot of great colorful insights.
Silly Valley: We briefly discussed whether or not Andy Beal is right, that Google is Dying and determined the post was likely titled for SEO/link bait purposes.
Aaron Update: We called Gina Trapani Rita all show. So sorry, Gina!