The CitizenGulf meet-ups are less than two weeks away, and you’re probably wondering whether to attend. Here are 10 good reasons to join your local Social Media Club for a Gulf Coast Benefit on August 25.
1) It’s the last party of the summer! Come on out and join your online friends for a good time that does good, too!
2) You like New Orleans, and want to relive a little of that Bourbon Street fun.
4) Attend in memory of Hurricane Katrina, and all the lives it took five years ago on August 28.
5) Don’t believe in BP? Neither do we. Show up and make a statement to the oil company that its PR messages to help the Gulf and its citizens recover are not enough.
6) Similarly, make a statement to the Obama Administration that more needs to be done.
7) The Gulf had just started to get back on its feet after Katrina and Rita. Now the oil spill happens. Let’s finish the Gulf recovery.
8) Your $10 cover fee (and any additional donations) goes directly to the Citizen Effect citizengulf program, funding Catholic charities of New Orleans After School Assembly Program for the 2010-2011 school year.
9) You believe educating children is the way to build stronger communities.
10) Your cover charge is tax deductible because Citizen Effect is a 501c3.
So what are you waiting for? Come on out and have a good time while doing some good, too!