Due to the late release of Welcome to the Fifth Estate, the opportunity to coincide the book with last Spring’s speaking engagements was lost. In lieu of a book tour, it seemed appropriate to go on a blog tour.
The following nine blog posts are Fifth Estate themed social media pieces about different subject threads in the book. Thank you Adam, Jason, Jesse, Danny, Allyson, Gini, Frank, Team Mashable and Brian for the opportunities.
- How Media Companies Fit Into the Fifth Estate – The Future Buzz: How does a company fit into the larger social web?
- The Unsexiness of Tactical Brilliance – Social Media Explorer: The need to be tactically proficient above chasing social media glitter.
- The State of Influencer Theory on the Web – SmartBrief on Social Media: A breakdown and discussion of popular influencer theory on the social web.
- Why the A-List Conversation Hurts Us – Danny Brown: What is influence on the social web?
- The Big Twitter Question – FrogLoop: Sustainable and smart tactical choices in social media strategy may not include Twitter anymore.
- Does the Great Gatsby Live on the Empire Avenue? — Spin Sucks: Another take on what is truly influential on the web as opposed to popular.
- Long Term Success with Social Media — Netwits ThinkTank: What makes a social media effort last over years?
- How NonProfits Are Bolstering Citizen Media Around the World — Mashable: What is the Fifth Estate, and how is it manifesting itself through nonprofits
- The 3-Step Cure for Boring, Useless Content — Copyblogger: Content marketing as a strategy.
This ends the guest blog tour, though there is more great Fifth Estate stuff coming!