Brian Solis and I began a series of podcasts to discuss the seven principles of community engagement uncovered in the book Now Is Gone (only 14 days until it’s released). The first podcast focuses on Audiences versus Communities (approx. 12 minutes in length).
- One-way communications to audiences versus two-way conversational marketing within communities
- The social media release as an example of community marketing
- The need to engage in two-way communications, even when its negative
- Jennifer McClure’s work with New Communications Review, specifically analysis of FedEx’s failure to respond to negative comments
- Jay Rosen’s article highly influential article, “The People Formerly Known as the Audience“
If you prefer to download, visit media.libsyn.com/media/geoliv/audiences.wav. Remember, the book will be released on November 12. Pre-ordering is available on Amazon. We will publish the second Now Is Gone podcast on Participation is Marketing next Monday.