Episode 20 starting off with Geoff futzing around on his Android phone trying get Richard Laermer into the podcast. Two minutes later we had greetings, then chatted about winning, the Pepsi Refresh contest, and why it was already a win for the cola company. We also discussed the Oscars and Toyota.
- A breakdown of what happened with Obama post our social media clinic. A little at the beginning and the end of the podcast.
- What gives people the ambition to succeed in work? We think ownership.
- Pepsi Refresh is on its way and how it compares to a Super Bowl ad.
- The nonprofit community has lots to say about contest like Pepsi Refresh (some valid, too), but in the end, it’s a win for Pepsi just based on the halo effect and all the conversation it has created. Much better than a Super Bowl ad or three.
- Generally, speaking the pros and cons of social philanthropy contests like this for corporate America (including why Chase failed).
- Toyota’s gas pedal disaster and why it sucks for their customers. Backing up your talk and responding authentically.
- The Academy Awards, some of the nominees and the impact of ten Best Picture possibilities.
- The Miami Herald‘s lousy quality
- CBS’s rejection of the ManCrush Super Bowl ad, and whether or not its discrimination against the gay community