Episode 32 of the El Show featured Temra Costa, author of the book Farmer Jane. Temra chronicled the sustainable food movement being led by women throughout the United States.
Here’s a breakdown of Episode 32:
- How Temra was disgruntled with the U.S. food system, and how she became a sustainable food advocate
- The local food movement today and how far advanced it becomes
- The California food market’s sustainable situation
- How women are driving the sustainable nonprofit marketplace
- How chefs and demand for local ingredients help
- Women changing the climate on their home turf
- How can you eat seasonally, regardless of where you live
- Distribution: How large networks hurt small farmers, and how they are trying to fit into the local mold
- Whole Foods role in the marketplace, and how they still need pressure
Download or listen to the El Show Episode 32 today! Also available on iTunes!