Episode 33 of the El Showfeatured guest host Rich Becker who filled in for a sick Richard Laermer. We discussed the Deep Horizon oil spill crisis, the collective communications mess that has ensued, and the ethical issues presented.
Here’s a breakdown of Episode 33:
- Introducing Rich Becker and his Fresh Content Initiative
- Breaking down the oil spill problem into a series of sub-crisis, from the culpability aspect, to fixing the oil spill, the different clean up issues, and the PR behind
- BP’s role? Rich says that they simply need to fix the oil leak and stop dismissing environmental damage.
- Is it a question of leadership: BP is running the entire show, and it’s not realistic.
- We analyze the BP (Haliburton and Transocean) PR and the related ethics
- Then we discussed the role of MMS in the oil spill, and how Elizabeth Birnbaum lost her job
- The DC blame game and how it’s backfiring on Obama
- How Obama is starting to position BP as the enemy
- PR ethics and the oil crisis
- When to become a whistle blower