In the past three days, Chapters 6 and 7 of Welcome to the Fifth Estate have been podcasted, completing the reading of the book. Welcome to the Fifth Estate is now available for listeners in its entirety for free. Below please find a list of podcast episodes.
In addition to making the book available for free, the next few weeks include three live virtual appearances:
- Danny Brown’s blog this Thursday at 12 EST for a live chat
- Google+ Hangout open conversation on Thursday, August 18th at 12 EST (in drag, per the successful conclusion of the Punish Geoff Fundraiser)
- Marketing Profs webinar on Measurement and Sustainability Thursday, August 25th at 12 EST
If you’d like to discuss the book and any of its topics, please join one of these conversations. The first two promise to be wonky and fun (see video on Danny’s blog), and the latter webinar should help folks get down to brass tacks. Hopefully, these podcasts and the information contained in the book are useful to you.
- 1: Introduction and Citizen Media
- 2: Organizations Challenged and the Long Tail
- 3: The Cluetrain, Hunger Relief and Twestival
- 4: Social Media Ready?
- 5: Capacity, Ethics and Personal Brands
- 6: Becoming the Fifth Estate
- 7: From Silos to Hives
- 8: Crafting a Strategy
- 9: Content, Influencer and Crowdsourcing Strategies
- 10: Promotion within Your Community
- 11: Integration & Reputation
- 12: A Common-Sense Approach to Measuring Social Media
- 13: Sustainability in Social Media
- 14: Evolving Communities and Conclusion
Thank you for being such a great community of readers!