In the spring of 2008, I published the 101 Things I Want to Do Before I Die. The 101 List was first popularized locally by AOL Vice Chair and sports magnate Ted Leonsis. It’s such a great exercise in visioning, plus I hadn’t checked off hits on the list in a long time, so I decided to revisit the list before the new year starts.
Of the 101 things, I have completed 15 in the past 3 1/2 years. At this rate I should be done by the time, I’m 60! I did take the opportunity to revise a few uncompleted items on the list, which are noted with the word new.
What are some of your lifetime goals?
1) Feel and know true love: Completed: Having Soleil has changed and deepened my concept of love forever. I know Caitlin feels the same.
2) Give true love without thought for self: Completed: The sacrifices you make for a child are unbelievable, things you would never imagine.
3) Have no relative die with any things left to be said between us
4) New: Live to hold a grandchild in my hands.
5) See my wife with Mikimoto pearls dripping from her body
6) Make sure my family has no financial strain
7) Go on a date every week with my wife (so long as we are in the same city)
8) Have a child, girl or boy. Completed: Soleil was born on October 29, 2010.
9) Adopt a child
10) Sponsor an extended family retreat
11) Create a legacy at Georgetown University
12) Help my niece at that time (whatever it is) when she needs me
13) Do another leg of the baseball tour with my Dad
14) Spend a week vacation with my sister and her family. Completed: June, 2011 in the Berkshires.
15) Help one Fortune 500 really get social media right: Completed: In 2011, I helped Google relaunch its Nonprofit offering with a successful blogger event and trained a team of Procter & Gamble brand managers on social media.
16) Publish another business book Completed: Welcome to the Fifth Estate was published May, 2011. Marketing in the Round will be published in May, 2012.
17) Ride motorcycles again. Completed: I owned a Ducati GT1000 from Fall, 2008 – Spring, 2011.
18) Use my powers to make a major course difference for at least one charitable effort
19) Publish a great science fiction novel
20) New: Ride a bicycle for 100 miles
You can see the whole 101 items here. What are some of your dreams?