It’s almost been two years since my second book Welcome to the Fifth Estate was published. Because of the compensation issues, time since publishing, and frankly, the plethora of social media and online marketing books out there, it’s time to give it to you for free!
Please feel free to download the book here. The password is “Fifth.” I’m sorry that it’s only available to you in this PDF format. And per the issues link, please forgive any typos.
From a content perspective, the Fifth Estate offers the deepest dive into social media of my three books. Here’s a glimpse:
- A fantastic introduction from Mashable’s Chief Strategy Officer Adam Ostrow.
- The first chapter details the media theories driving social networks and communities online.
- Chapter Four offers perspective into the four types of strategies most frequently used in social networks; participation/community, content, influencer marketing, and crowdsourcing.
- My former colleague Kami Huyse delivers perhaps the best 20 pages you can imagine on social media measurement in Chapter Six.
- Chapter Seven offers tips to handle and successfully adapt to rapidly evolving social media.
Enjoy! Feedback is certainly welcome.